Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Flying isn't so easy afterall

I dreamt clearly once again, after such a long time.

My class was going for some school trip to somewhere which i forgot. Apparently, we weren't taking the excursion bus, but the MRT.

Just then, i remembered that the day before, the mrt train driver could not come today and thus gave me the responsibility of driving the mrt. :O And I do not know why, but now, I had an essay in chinese about the advantages and disadvantages of zf driving an mrt and a thank you paragraph or two for letting me try driving an mrt. It was exactly 3 pages of foolscap(not square paper)long.

So, I told the person at the control station that I was taking over, and I forgot what mix up it was all about, but then we had one, But i didn't care at all and just proceeded to the driver's cabin.

If i am not wrong, this is how the scene looked at that time, with the students all queued up outside the station ready to go. I know the scene does not look like an mrt station at all, but its not my bad drawing, but it really happened to be like that in the dream.


So, we set off. At first, it seemed quite easy to control the mrt. Just stopping and moving off at stations. But then, the mrt could fly. I triggered it to fly by accident and soon, the wheels left the train tracks and I struggled to manouever it carefully past high rised buildings, hdb flats and sky scrapers, not wanting to crash into them, or let the back crash either. The mrt train is very long so it makes it easy to swing the back of the train into the buildings.

Finally, I found the track again, but i could not align the wheels ajnd the rails properly, so I could not land the train, it just kept on hovering and bouncing at the station, where passengers struggled carefully to get on. After a few moments, before all the passengers were on the train, it took off to flight again, by accident.

Station past stations, i tried to land the train on the tracks time over time, but to no avail. That meant i had to continue the perilious procedure of flying the train in between buildings and not letting the back of the train lose control.

I would like to share it from my point of view how scary the ride was, but unfortunately i have no time to make a video now, unlike the picture i made which took less than a minute.

At paya lebar, something strange i observed. the chinese name for that station was 回家if you were travelling towards pasir ris and the station was called 离开家 if you were travelling Away from pasir ris. I think that was because i stayed in pasir ris.

Finally, at some point in time i managed to land the train on the tracks. And later, the class went to my house for the school trip. :S very weird and we all went into a room and lied down on a bed while i read through my chinese essay. As to what happened after that, that is another story (or more like I forgot what happened)

THE END of an exciting heart beating journey across singapore on a flying mrt train

No comments: