Sunday, December 7, 2008

I wonder.

Dreams. Sometimes, they can be as pointless as dreaming of the answers of yesterday's physics paper instead of tomorrow's biology paper. Other times, we think see them as déjà vu.

Are they purely just coincidence?

But really. What are dreams meant for? If they are meant to be pointless, what's the use of having them? I don't think people can actually control or decide what they would want to dream at night. Besides, if people controlled what they dreamed, then there wouldn't be talk of nightmares! If dreams are meant to be a temporary escape from harsh reality, then why is it that when you get so, so, soooo tired you just fall straight asleep and don't dream at all?

And really, what's with all of Cinderella's dream-come-true thing? Because personally, all my dreams have been loads of foggy stuffs and barely-recognizable people. Okay, okay, don't tell me; my dream-come-true would be to get a cloud. Or probably become blind. Whatever. Yeah, how I'd love it.

I've not dreamt in ages. But then again, I don't sleep as deeply enough to dream anymore, but that is a different point altogether.
And now I'm actually panicky. Try as I might, I have not found any inspiration to write anything, just to make my holidays a little more meaningful. Through past experiences, I have found it easier to write based on what I have dreamed, be it just the night before, or previous dreams I had happened to remember. I sort of guess that's why my teachers don't usually like my writing style, cause it's always like my dreams - foggy, blurry, and with slightly unclear characters/settings. But hey, what's the big deal? I always finsh it clearly, it's just whether you get the bloody damn thing at all.

Okay, enough about essays.

I wonder.

How does it feel like to escape for awhile into our little fantasies, and pretend that the real world doesn't exist? In that one place where everything goes in accordance to you, where whatever you want to happen will happen, and it does not actually matter if whatever happens in our fantasies will not happen in the real world.

Because everyone knows that it is just a fantasy, only conjured up to satisfy our momentary need for a certain something.

Hahhahah. I wonder.

This one I really do. What if most of the time you have nightmares? Does it mean that you're stressed or something? That even in your own little fantasies you cannot escape from reality? That's rather sad, isn't it?

Don't we all wonder....
(:

No comments: